|Assistant Professor of Computer Information Science|
|OBU Box 61737|
|500 W. University|
|Shawnee, OK 74804|
Dr. Renita Murimi's experience includes teaching courses in college physics and college mathematics at Essex County College. She taught courses in wireless communications, advanced computer networks, electronic circuits and electrical engineering labs at New Jersey Institute of Technology.
Murimi's research interests include topics in coverage processes, algorithmic game theory, constraint optimization and cognition theory for network design. Specifically, she is interested in the design of complex heterogeneous wireless sensor networks for various functionalities. She has served as a research assistant and teaching assistant at New Jersey Institute of Technology and instructor for the Consortium for Pre-College Education in Greater Newark, N.J.
She has received travel grants including the NJIT Graduate Student Travel Grant in 2008 and the Canadian Symposium on Text Analysis Travel Award in 2006. She is a member of Sigma Xi and Alpha Epsilon Lambda.
- B.A., Macipal University in Macipal, India
- M.A., New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Ph.D., New Jersey Institute of Technology
- BTEC 1103: Fluency in IT
- BTEC 3503: Management Information Systems
- BTEC 4403: Data Admin
- CIS: 2723 C++ programming
- CIS 3303: Programming Language Concepts
- CIS 4013: Computer Systems and Organization
- CIS 4023: Operating Systems
- CIS 4043: Data Structures
- CIS 4329/CIS 3703: Python Programming
Select Publications/Professional Activities:
Click here for publications and interests.